Total Page Views

Friday, April 1, 2011

Designer Wedding Gown

SPOILER ALERT: If you want to be surprised or if you are my fiance, stop reading here.

I mean it, Rhys! :)  I love you, but step away from your browser!






We had so much fun dress shopping at David's Bridal!  I brought a "posse" including Diane (my mom), Linda (his mom), Stacy (future sis-in-law), Kat (bridesmaid) and Charlene (maid of honor) came straight from work.  Thanks to everyone for coming! We checked in, got our consultant (Sarah), and started looking at dresses.  I am a little top heavy, so I was looking for something with straps, possibly a halter.  I figured strapless would be hard to keep up, based on my past experience.  Sarah pulled out one with tulle and I immediately said no tulle.  We looked at sleeves and I decided definitely not.  We looked at cream-colored dresses, and I quickly became a huge fan of white. I had 2 dresses in mind when we went in, one that they carried and one that I had a picture of and was hoping they had something similar.  They had the first dress and they had something similar to the second one, with red embroidery instead of black.  Yes, I said black...on a wedding gown.  Relax!  It was just some embroidery and it was soooo pretty!  We pulled out several dresses and started trying them on.  Here are a few:

A beautiful strapless white gown with red flowers embroidered on the bodice that I really wish they would have had in black,

A strapless gown with pickups and a REALLY long train,

A cap sleeve lacy gown that made me say no sleeves at all,

and a halter that I didn't even take a picture of because I walked out of the dressing room, took one look, and said "Uh uh."  Cricket, cricket.  Everyone was completely silent. We all knew that wasn't the one.  When I came in, I said probably not strapless and definitely no tulle.  Several dresses and a couple hours later, it turns out that THE dress is an Oleg Cassini designer gown that is strapless and is an organza ball gown, meaning that it has lots of tulle.



In my defense, the tulle has lots of embroidery on it and I sort of feel like Cinderella in it. :-)  Of course, designer gowns have designer price tags and it has to be altered as well.  The dress was on sale, but by the time alterations were added in, we'd be right back up there.  I decided to look around online to see if I could find the gown for a better price since I want an awesome wedding dress, but since I AM only wearing it for 5 hours...well, you know what I mean.

I found someone in Georgia selling the exact same dress, new with tags, because her wedding was called off. I almost did a dance when I saw this!  Not that her wedding was called off, but that I had found the dress for a few hundred dollars less than the regular price.  Then I emailed her and negotiated a little and got the dress a couple hundred more!  I paid her yesterday and she's shipping it as soon as PayPal deposits the money.  I'll breathe again when I have it in hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment