Total Page Views

Monday, April 4, 2011

Rehearsal Dinner: Where To Dine

So I'll admit that I'm a bit of a planner...all right, maybe I plan everything...and like to be a teensy bit in control of things in my life.  Fine!  I can be a control freak occasionally, especially when I'm planning one of the biggest events of my life...or even a small family get together.  We are trying to decide on a rehearsal dinner "after party" location.  The bridal party will head over to our venue to do the rehearsal and then when we're done, we want to go out to eat with our immediate families and maybe even have a few drinks.  The problem is that our immediate families combined equate to about 30 people so we need to make a reservation somewhere.  Apparently, chain restaurants don't take reservations anymore and most don't even provide call ahead seating.  His family LOVES the Olive Garden (no wonder we all get along so well!) and so we all head there for lunch/dinner as often as we can.  We love to get the private room, but the wait can be an hour and a half to get back there.  Still, just his family fills that room up.

This morning, Kat made a great suggestion: the pasta bar in the building we work in.  It's like Subway only for pasta and possibly the greatest invention ever for us Italian food lovers!  Brian, the fabulous chef, starts you off with your meats (chicken or shrimp) and then you add all the goodies like green pepper, tomato, olive, mushroom, etc.  Lastly, pasta (tortellini or bowtie) and seasonings (garlic, oregano, etc).  They have a salad bar as well usually with hot and cold pasta dishes and a soup.  I've been here more than 4 years and I never tire of that place.

Most people don't know what a pasta bar is. I stared in confusion the first time the girls asked me to go when I started working here.  It's definitely something different, but they close at 2:00 in the afternoon.  I'm checking to see if they'd open for us, but what other places are out there that can provide reservations?  I'd like to gather a few options for us to decide.

2 comments:

  1. I think the key here is going to be for you and Rhys to decide on the guest list for the rehearsal dinner and once we nail that down for sure, we can decide! I will be over tonight and while we are stuffing invitations, we can brainstorm on this a little!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmmm Pasta Bar

    Charlene is right; the key is the guest list. OS is central to anyone around Indy. You mentioned drinks afterward, and unless you plan on doing the pasta bar thing at the super cool Eagle’s Nest, I’m not sure if they have drinks at OS. There is a nice place for drinks on the other side of the lobby. The staff there ROCKS just as much as the OS staff. Which as you all know can make or break a venue. Did I tell you how I feel about pasta bar (minus the pasta-wink, wink - Vanessa knows!) MMMMMMM!

    ReplyDelete