Total Page Views

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Busy Week(end)

I haven't blogged since last Tuesday, but in my defense, it has been busy around here for the last week.  First, Charlene and I worked on the coasters Tuesday night and finished the final coats.  We are now waiting four weeks for them to cure and then we can put the feet on them and wrap them up.

On Wednesday night, my wonderful SIL, Cara, came up and we attempted to curl my hair...and I mean attempted as in we tried and my hair resisted.  She got the softest, most beautiful curls with a curling iron...and then they were gone in an hour, even though we sprayed the heck out of them.  I know that those stylists have all kinds of secrets, but I figured we could do a half decent job of curling it on our own.

Thursday I worked on our little registry inserts for a little bit, but they take forever to cut out, so they aren't even close to being finished yet.  Pictures to follow.

Over the weekend, I decided to take a stab at making earrings.  I've only made some minor jewelry before, but I love the look of chandelier earrings, so I figured why not.
I gathered up some supplies and I'll be starting to work on those in the next few days in between cutting out more of the registry Androids.

Last night, Kat and I played with my hair again.  She used hot rollers instead of a curling iron and the curls were great, but we decided rather than try to do that the morning of, we should probably hire a professional to just take care of hair and makeup.  Here is the shot from last night next to the pic we were trying to emulate.  How did we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment