Total Page Views

Thursday, May 26, 2011

T - 128 days!!!

Who else thinks that 128 days doesn't sound like very long???  I had a minor freak out on day 130 when I noticed the counter on my phone.  I wanted it on my home screen, but there was no room and now I'm so glad! Thank heavens for the WeatherBug widget that takes up 1/2 my screen!  I opened my to-do list and there are 113 things left to do before the big day.  Mom, being ever so rational, says, "Well that's about one thing each day and some things you can do more than one at a time."  Now the left side of my brain agrees with her and says, "We've got this."  The right, and very creative, side of my brain is simultaneously saying, "That is not near enough time to glass etch champagne glasses with handmade wine tags!

Oh, and what about those cute Swarovski crystal heels I saw and wanted to try my hand at?  

And damn it all to hell, but the there's no way I'll have time to finish the quilling for the marriage certificate in this time frame!"

Yes I'm realize that I'm completely crazy, but I prefer to think of it as an issue of over-creativity without an appropriate outlet.  I want to make EVERYTHING!  And heaven forbid I delegate any of the crafty stuff to my ladies.  It's no fun unless I get to make it. :-)  So Mom and I have decided that we're going to look at it as 4 months away instead of 128 days.  Months make it sound soooo much longer, am I right?  I personally think that she doesn't want to think of it in days, because she is making the bridesmaid dresses, so she's on a time crunch as well.  Either way, I'm going to make a conscious effort to think about the months instead of days from here on.


No comments:

Post a Comment