Total Page Views

Monday, August 29, 2011

So, it's been a while since I put anything on here, so I figured it was about time! From the Maid of Honor's point of view...this stuff is CRAZY!!! Haha! I have been doing so much crafting...card box, thank you cards, coasters, pomander balls, out of town packs, boxes to put in the out of town packs, fold out books with hanging androids in them, and much much more! I have told Vanessa that I am boycotting crafting for the rest of my life once this wedding is over, and I will be sending my kids to her when they want to do arts and crafts projects! Ha! I knew the android idea was going to be cute from the beginning, but I had no idea how involved it was going to be because there is not a lot of android stuff out there for purchase!

But, it really has been fun, and we are getting to the point on the to do list where it says "confirm DJ", "confirm honeymoon reservations", etc! It's a very exciting time.

I do want to say thank goodness for Kat! She has been an absolute life saver in helping me with my maid of honor duties! I live in a 2 bedroom apartment, so I was freaking out about where to have the bridal shower....Kat to the rescue! Kat helped me with everything, crafting, buying, ideas, buying and making food, and then let us use her beautiful home to host the shower! Even Shane stepped in and made our android greeter for the yard, and was our bartender. It was a great shower....if I do say so myself. We themed it black and white...to go along with the wedding...and everyone came in full black and white outfits! Everyone looked so wonderful! We had green drinks to go with the android theme of the wedding (grasshoppers, melon balls, and margaritas) and we even had everyone make an android out of modeling clay and Vanessa got to judge them! Then, to top it all off we had a frozen yogurt (froyo version of android) bar where you took your yogurt and put on the black and white toppings of your choice! Everything and everyone was black and white, food included for the most part! It was beautiful! Pictures to come soon! I would do it myself, but #1 I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off, and #2 I don't know how! hahahaha!

Coming up soon....final dress fitting, final appointment with the venue folks, trial manicures and pedicures, bachelorette party, and all of the various confirmations. I will try to keep hounding Vanessa to put more things on here, cuz I'm sure no one wants to hear from me, but she is so busy, it's tough! At the very least, I will just try to get her to put up a string of pictures of some fo the crafts we have completed!

No comments:

Post a Comment